Sunday, October 12, 2014

You Had Me At Caramel and Toffee Bits

 

 

 Pumpkin Caramel Toffee Cake

 


 
    

To greet the 12th day of our "31 Days of Fall", I want to share a delicious pumpkin recipe.  After hours of diligently searching the internet (let's be honest, I was really just parked on Pinterest having myself a little Fall-Fest pin session), I stumbled across a recipe that inspired this Pumpkin Caramel Toffee Cake.

     This cake has three of my favorite Fall food groups:  Pumpkin, Cinnamon and Caramel.  That trifecta of awesomeness alone would be enough to catch my attention, but when I saw that it also had Heath Toffee bits, I couldn't wait to run into the kitchen and make it.

     The recipe comes together really quickly.  All you need is:





4 eggs (not pictured)
1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (a little less than 2 cups)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I use heaping teaspoon because I love cinnamon)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Heath Toffee Bits
1/4 cup caramel sauce (any brand)

To Make:

Spray a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray.  Set aside.

 
Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in stand mixer until well combined.


In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda until well blended.

Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix well.  Add the Heath Toffee Bits and stir to combine.



Pour batter into pan and level.  Pour the caramel sauce over the batter and swirl to combine.  (Doesn't it look pretty?)


Bake for 35-45 minutes.  Use a toothpick to check for doneness.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Serve with additional caramel sauce or frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.  It would be really excellent with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream too! 

 
     What ingredients do you look for when deciding to make a recipe?  Leave a comment in the space below and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment